Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby Shower!

Saturday was my baby shower at the church, and it was a lot of fun. My friends Amy, Lindsey and Katie, as well as the minister's wives and church secretaries, went to a lot of work to put everything together. And our house is now overflowing with lots baby stuff, mostly pink. My job for today is to find a place for it all, but I haven't made much progress yet.

Here are the centerpieces that were on the tables at the shower. They were very cute and definitely deserve to be included in this post, because I know how much work it was for the girls to punch out all the flowers for the balls with my broken flower punch. I think they're kind of crazy for going to all the trouble, but the end result was adorable!


Here are the shower planners with me!


My mom took lots of pictures of me opening presents, but I'm just going to include a couple. Being photographed while trying to open presents led to some very unflattering facial expressions from me. But these 2 pictures turned out OK. The first is a present from Amy with a story behind out. Amy was expecting her son to be born mid-November last year. We were on a shopping trip and she couldn't resist buying this newborn Thanksgiving onesie for Cael to wear on his first Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Cael wasn't born until December 7...making his first Thanksgiving this year. And the newborn onesie definitely won't fit him this year. So she passed it on to me. I'm pretty sure that we will have a baby by Thanksgiving, which is 18 days after my due date. If not, I might go crazy! And the plan is to pass this onesie on to the next friend who will have a new baby at Thanksgiving...whoever that may be! The 2nd picture is an adorable present from Nickie, who always has the most creative ideas. I'm not sure how well you can tell in the picture, but she filled a basket with rolled diapers and bubbles (from bubble wrap). Then she added a baby, some soap and a rubber duckie to make this cute present! It's so cute, I'm not going to want to take it a part to use the diapers! And she made a handmade card, which are my favorite!!















We got lots of cute clothes, especially summer clothes. I can't wait til next summer to see our little girl wear some of these cute outfits!

Here's another picture of me in the rocking chair, this time with my mom and grandma.

And here's a picture of me today at 34 weeks. Only 6 weeks to go!
I think I'm carrying more up and down rather than just straight out, so I don't look huge in the belly. I do feel like my face is starting to blow up like a balloon and my fingers are swollen enough that my wedding rings don't fit comfortably. At my last appointment, the doctor did say that I was carrying small and "weird." That's what she kept saying...it's just weird. She thinks the baby is fine, but apparantly the baby is not situated inside me exactly like everyone else. However she is fitting herself in there, it is starting to become more and more uncomfortable. Sleeping at night is a dreaded process now. Between getting up to go to the bathroom, trying to find a comfortable position, and just being restless and unable to sleep, I'm not getting a good night's sleep anymore. Unfortunately, I think this is just the beginning of a long road in the lack of sleep department.

No comments: