Monday, September 1, 2008

Our first baby shower!

We spent the weekend in Indianpolis and had our first baby shower with Daniel's family. It was fun to get some things for the baby and start to plan out where we are going to keep all of this stuff. It definitely makes the whole idea of having a baby more real. The other thing that is making this baby more real is the sharp, constant pain in my right side under my ribs and radiating through to my back. It's been going strong since Saturday morning and is starting to become extremely annoying and uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure it is just the baby pushing everything up into my ribs and kicking all the time, although right side and back pain could also be related to gallbladder problems. I may call my doctor tomorrow just to be sure it's nothing serious. Hopefully this constant pain is not going to last for the next 10 weeks. Anyway, on to more fun things...like pictures of the baby shower!
This is the diaper cake that my sister-in-law and niece made for me. It was adorable!!



I think our niece and nephews are excited about their new cousin. They all wanted to help us open our presents. Or it could be that they are just excited about presents, no matter who the presents are for.



This is a blanket that Daniel's mom made for our baby.



This is our friend Eli with his baby Hunter and our nephew Mark trying to give him a pacifier.


And here we are with the diaper cake and our niece, who was very excited about giving us that cake!


And here' s a picture of me at 30 weeks!! 17 pounds gained so far, and still 10 weeks of growing to go!! I'm now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I really appreciate the people (usually moms themselves) who comment on my weigh gain by saying, "Look how much your baby is growing." That sounds so much better than, "Wow you are starting to get big." Or my least favorite, yet a fairly common one, "Look at that big pooch you have." Referring to the growth of the baby rather than the growth of me is much more appreciated!! =) And really I can't imagine any woman, pregnant or not, that enjoys being told they have a pooch.



No comments: