Tuesday, October 7, 2008

35 weeks and counting!

Well, we only have 5 weeks left until our due date. It's kind of hard to believe that the time is almost here. Especially when you consider that 37 weeks is considered full term...that's only 2 weeks away! I can't imagine having a baby in just 2 weeks. But our doctor was quick to mention today that although I could have the baby early, I also could have the baby late. That could make the due date as far as 7 weeks away...which seems like an eternity.

So basically, we're expecting a baby sometime between the week of October 20 and the week of Thanksgiving (November 23). That's such a huge window. And I hate surprises! I wish I could know exactly when it was going to happen. I don't want to have a C-section or be induced, but I am slightly jealous of those people who are induced or have scheduled C-sections. At least they get to know exactly when the baby is coming. I have a feeling October could be a really long month as we begin to sit around and wait for our baby to get here!

I went to the doctor today and everything looks good. I measured at 34 weeks, just about normal, so no more worries about being too small. And I'm still gaining weight like CRAZY! So all of you who think I'm too small should know that I am up to 28 pounds gained now...which is normal and right where I'm supposed to be, although I'm starting to feel huge. I'm looking forward to these final weeks where the weight gain is supposed to slow down or stop!

Tomorrow our nursery bedding is scheduled to arrive. I'm going to try and get the nursery put together soon, so I'm sure I'll have pictures to post.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Praying for you guys, we love you & miss you!