Friday, September 12, 2008

The Chore Chart

Well after a few months of staying at home, I am starting to get a little restless being at home all day, every day. I've decided I need a little more structure in my day, a set schedule of things to get done everyday. My friend Amy started a chore chart for herself and I thought it was a good idea. So I decided to make my own. I figured if I make it really fun and pretty then I will be more likely to actually do the things on the chart. Right? At least, that's my logic behind this chore chart.
I used a cookie sheet to make it. I got the idea of using a cookie sheet from another blog, where she made an advent calendar with a cookie sheet and metal tins. Look for that coming soon--because I am planning to make one of those as well! Anyway, there are magnets on the back of the cookie sheet so it will stick to the side of my refrigerator. Then, the flowers on the side of the cookie sheet are magnets too. When I get all my chores done for the day, I get to move a flower magnet underneath that day. If all the magnets get moved in one week, then I get a prize! Don't know what the prize will be yet...but I definitely think there needs to be a prize involved with this chore chart!!
So here's my plan for a weekly schedule--I'm sharing this with all of my faithful readers so you can keep tabs on me and make sure I stick with my schedule! =)
Dishes are a daily chore, as there always seems to be a pile waiting for us in the sink.
Mondays--Grocery shopping and bathroom cleaning. These are my 2 least favorite things to do, so I figure I might as well get them out of the way first thing.
Tuesdays--Laundry and stamping. Stamping may not sound like a chore, but when it comes to cutting out hundreds of pieces of cardstock for a stamp club or class, it isn't always fun. Since I'm trying to treat my Stampin' Up! business as a real business, I want to try to do better about scheduling actual working hours for stamping.
Wednesdays--Pick up and put away day! Mostly this will involve the dining room table, coffee table, my desk and my stamping area, where things always seem to pile up. Also, this will be the day to balance the checkbook and update all of our financial stuff to Quicken
Thursdays--Dust and vaccuum (living room, office, bedrooms and basement) and more stamping.
Fridays--Sweep and mop floors (kitchen, bathrooms, dining room, hallway and stairs)
So that's the plan...starting on Monday! We'll see how long I can keep up with it all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I need a new chore chart.....