Thursday, July 2, 2009

Adventures in Crawling (and a few random pics)

So, Audrey has made a little progress in the crawling department over the past couple of days. This first video shows what she has been doing for a couple of months now. She would get up on her back legs, but her face would be planted in the ground, so she could never get herself to move forward.


Now, she has finally learned to keep her head up and use her arms to move forward. She doesn't move very far, but she is starting to figure out how to army crawl to get to whatever it is that she wants. This next video cracks me up! She can't decide what she wants to play with...the book or Maggie. In the end, she decides she doesn't want either one!

And now for the random pictures...

Here is one of Audrey in her new playroom in the basement. We are very excited about this new space...even though Audrey doesn't look too excited in this picture.

I just love this next picture. Maggie was sniffing around Audrey, trying to lick her face. And Audrey thought it was the funniest thing. There's also a story behind this outfit. We were going for a walk that night and Audrey was only wearing the lime green onesie in the photo above. It was a little chilly out, so I thought she needed pants and socks. Well I couldn't find any pants to match the green onesie, so I just pulled out these hot pink pants and figured: what does it matter, it's just a walk. Before we left, the green/pink outfit was just bothering me...so I went back upstairs and found this hat in her dresser. And it seemed to pull the outfit together, at least enough that I was willing to leave the house with her. I know, she's just baby and she doesn't care if her clothes match or not...but I care, and I'm the mom. And you probably don't care either, but I still took the time to write this whole paragraph explaining her outfit to you!

And there's that face again! I can't help but take pictures of her when she makes this face!


No comments: