Monday, July 13, 2009

Why do we bother with toys?

Audrey is starting to scoot and crawl and move around more and more on her belly. She can get across the room if she wants to...she just needs something super cool to get her motivated. We've tried to get her to crawl for one of her favorite toys, but her toys are just not cool enough. I wonder why we even bother with toys, because Audrey seems to be interested in everything BUT her toys these days. Now that she is starting to figure out how to crawl, here are some of the things she has been interested in lately.

Yesterday she discovered Maggie's crate. Fortunately, she didn't try to crawl inside it, but she was quite entertained by opening and shutting the door.
Audrey doesn't like to lay still to have her diaper changed. She does like Maggie's toy...a lot. And when Maggie's toy happens to be lying right next to her while I was trying to change her diaper...this is the result. I was fighting and fighting to keep her still for just a few seconds, but I was losing. So I finally gave up and went to get my camera instead!
Taking pictures of her sitting still and staring at the camera is also getting harder. Tonight she just wanted to climb in my lap and go after one of her other favorite things...the strap to my camera.

It used to work out so nicely to keep this basket with diapers and wipes in it under our coffee table for quick diaper changes in the living room. Audrey thinks it is a great plan as well; she loves to get into the diapers and play with the wipes and the basket.


She also likes to pat the hardwood floor and to listen to the sound it makes when she swipes her hand across it.
Tonight Audrey discovered the dirty rug in the entry way. Not such a good toy, but I let her play with it long enough to get a picture.


After the rug, Audrey noticed the front door. I don't think she has ever really paid much attention to the door before. But tonight, looking at it from the floor, she found it very intriguing.

Maggie is still Audrey's most favorite thing. This morning, we thought she was saying "doggie". I don't think she had any intention of saying "doggie" in reference to Maggie nor do I think she meant to say it...but the sound that was coming out of her mouth did sound a lot like "doggie".

Daddy's stereo is always a good motivator in getting Audrey to crawl.

No comments: