Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eight Months Old

Audrey is now 8 months old. She has learned a lot of new things in the past month and seems to be growing up more and more each day. Here's a quick rundown on her latest developments (I'm putting this here now, so I will remember it all when I get around to filling out her baby book later!) Pictures are at the end of all my rambling!

Weight: According to the Wii Fit, she is 17.2 pounds today. She is wearing all 6-9 month clothes now and size 3 diapers. Next month we have a dr's appointment, so we will get her official weight and height and all of that fun stuff then.

Sitting: Audrey is now a pro at sitting up. She can lean over and turn around to reach toys without falling over. She can go from a sitting position to a crawling position.

Crawling: She's not crawling yet though. She gets up on all fours, and sometimes rocks back and forth, but quickly falls back down on her stomach. She did start to do a little army crawling yesterday, trying to reach Maggie. I think Maggie is going to be the one that finally gets her to crawl. Poor Maggie, she's always going to be on the run once Audrey starts being able to chase after her.

Babbling: She is talking up a storm now...Baba, Dada, Gaga, Yaya, etc. She still makes the funny trill/bird call noise occasionally.

Teeth: Audrey still doesn't have any teeth! For the past 4 months, people have looked at her chomping on her hands and drooling and have been telling me, "She is going to have a tooth soon, I'm sure of it." Well, after four months of hearing this, I'm starting to wonder if she will ever get any teeth. I'll believe it when I see it!

Eating: Audrey has become a very good eater and will eat most everything we give her now. She has tried most of the fruit and vegetable baby foods, and this week I started giving her some meats. (chicken mixed with veggies, and she seems to like it so far.) She is starting to figure out the "pincer" grip, where she can pick up food with her thumb and index finger and get it into her mouth. She's pretty good at eating her puffs (I'd say about 50-75% of them end up in her mouth). I've also given her some little pieces of banana, and tonight at dinner I gave her some tiny pieces of bread and watermelon. She seems to like it all. I'm still a little nervous about giving her "real" food...but we're slowly working the finger foods into her diet.

OK, now for the pictures!!



I am Audrey, hear me roar!
She was distracted by Maggie, as usual.



Trying to crawl away from all these pictures!


This is one of my favorite faces! It's often accompanied by a very cute "oh" sound!

No comments: