Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Walk in the Park

This afternoon we took Audrey on her first walk. We went to Washington Park, a nice park near our house that we really should visit more often. I think everyone else in town also decided to take advantage of this 65 degree February afternoon and take their dogs/kids/etc out for a walk/run through the park. It's been a while since we've been outside for more than a minute or two at a time, so it was very exciting to get out today! Actually, the last time we went for a walk in Washington Park was in October, about a week before Audrey was born. I was trying to walk a lot, in hopes of inducing labor!
Here she is just chilling out in the stroller at the beginning of our walk.


We stopped to take a picture in front of the pond.

Audrey fell asleep about halfway through our walk.
I had my camera with me, so I was playing around, trying to get a good photo for my A Photo a Day blog. These pictures didn't make it onto my other blog, so I thought I would put them up here--just a few of the sights we saw in the park.
Even though the temperatures were in the 60s, the water in the ponds was still mostly frozen. I felt bad for these birds (ducks/geese?? I don't know what they are) who were sitting on and wading through the icy/slushy water.



This tree was really 2 trees that looked like they had started to grow together.

A gazebo with the Christmas decorations still up!!

That's about all from our outing to the park! Hopefully the weather will warm up (and stay warm) soon, so we can have more fun days like today!

No comments: