Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Time for Some Discipline

There are pictures at the end of this post, so if you don't want to read my ramblings, you can scroll down and just see the pictures!

So, I haven't really worried too much about being disciplined and keeping up with the housework and stuff since Audrey has been born. But I suppose the time has come, when I need to work a little more discipline and routine into my day. I worry about Audrey being in a routine, but I probably need to come up with a routine for myself each day.

I don't think I'm quite ready to go back to the chore chart I started to keep myself busy during the last months of pregnancy. But I do have a list of things that I want to do daily, so here it is, in order from the highest priority to the least. You, my faithful blog readers, can help keep me accountable!

1. Take care of Audrey. Obviously, this is the first priority and this takes up the most of my time!!

2. Do a daily chore. Each day I'm going to pick out one major chore that needs to be done. Today, it is working on the laundry. I think tomorrow is going to be cleaning the bathrooms, yuck!

3. Update my new photo blog: http://www.emilysdailyphotos.blogspot.com/ I'm attempting to learn more about photography, so I'm going to try to be faithful about taking and posting one photo a day on this blog. And if I get really ambitious, I'm going to take all of these photos at the end of the year and turn them into a scrapbook.

4. Read. If you go to my new photo blog, you will see that I have a reading goal of 40 books for this year. I need to read a lot more than I am currently reading to meet that goal

5. Exercise. This should probably be listed higher but it always ends up being last. I'd like to be more in shape and lose the 8 pounds or so I still have from the pregnancy...so I'd like to do some kind of exercise each day. This will be easier when it is warm and Audrey and I can go for walks!

Well, that's my plan daily at least. Then I'll probably add in some weekly "to dos" as well. This week it is getting my lesson ready for my Galatians class at church tomorrow night. Next week it will be getting ready for my February stamping classes. As long as I make a list of things to do, I tend to be a lot more disciplined and a lot less lazy!

And now for the pictures. Daniel took these pictures of Audrey the other day, so I thought I would share them here.




1 comment:

kellie said...

oohh.. i really like the idea of turning them into a scrapbook! you would have to be pretty ambitious!