Friday, January 9, 2009

10 Weeks


Today Audrey is 10 weeks old. She had her first cold this week, and it's so sad to hear her congested breathing and little cough. She doesn't seem to be too terribly bothered by it, but I'm ready for her to be back to normal. Yesterday we had her 2 month check up. She was 10 lbs 6 oz and 23 inches long. So in the past 5 weeks, she has gained 2 1/2 pounds and grown 1 1/2 inches! She is now in the 40th percentile for weight (she used to be in the 15th) so she is starting to catch up. She also had to have her first round of shots yesterday. The shots went much better than I anticipated. She only had to get 2. She did cry, but it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be in my head.

We also got a new swing this week. She loves to stare at mobiles, so I was looking for a swing with a good mobile. I think I picked a good one, because she loves to sit and stare at it. Hopefully, she will be content to hang out in her swing when I start teaching piano lessons again next week. I'm a little nervous about having to deal with a fussy baby and teach at the same time...hopefully I won't have to because she will be happily content in her new rainforest swing!


Poor Maggie...I think she may be starting to realize that Audrey is here to stay, which means Maggie will never be the center of attention again. Yesterday afternoon Maggie was being really clingy. She just wanted to be right on top of me and in my face. She didn't want to be on Daniel, just me. Later I was upstairs changing Audrey and Maggie crawled underneath the changing table. Looking at the table, I didn't think there was any way she could fit, it's maybe a 5-6 inch opening...but she did. And she stayed there for a while, almost like throwing a little temper tantrum and pouting because she didn't get her way. Well, we went back downstairs, and eventually Maggie came out of her hiding spot and was fine the rest of the day. Silly dog!


I had a video of Audrey playing yesterday, but I somehow deleted it by accident. I'll try to take another one today and post it soon.

No comments: