Wednesday, October 15, 2008

9 months!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I posted a picture. I've been fairly faithful at posting pictures every 2 weeks, so I guess it's time for another one. Here I am at 36 weeks...a full 9 months now.

Daniel and I spent all day Saturday at a Childbirth class at the hospital. Next week we have a Breastfeeding class. Then we should know all we need to know to take care of a baby right? If only it were as easy as just taking a class or two!

In other news, my birthday was on Saturday, and Daniel surprised me with a fun present...a Wii! Everyone keeps asking if he really bought the present for me or if it was a present that he really wanted for himself. I would say that we both enjoy the Wii, but I was the one who really wanted one. I'm not much of a video gamer, but the Wii is different and fun. And you can play old school Nintendo Mario games, which are our favorites! (Although I am a fan of the Super Paper Mario for Wii) Plus, I would really like the Wii Fit. Daniel couldn't find it in time for my birthday, but I'm hoping to get it for Christmas. Maybe it will give me motivation in the middle of the winter after having a baby to get back to my normal size! And if not, it's still fun to play, especially when you are watching friends Hula Hoop for 6 minutes straight!

Also, I got a new laptop! I've been saving money from our credit card rewards to get a new computer. (We are all about the credit card rewards. We put everything we can on our card, pay it off monthly so there's no interest, and collect the free rewards! We earn around $30-50 per month in gift cards!!) I got a little birthday money, added that to the reward gift cards, and had enough to buy a new laptop. It's been a long process to get everything transferred and updated to the laptop and with Vista...but I'm just about there. And I'm very excited to have a laptop now!

One more thing...I've had a few more craft projects that I've been working on lately. I made this advent calendar out of a cookie sheet, metal tins and magnets. The idea is that you put a little piece of candy or prize in each tin, then you get to open one each day in December until Christmas. It's fun, now that we are starting our own family, we get to start our own family traditions. We already have an advent book, where you open a door and read a part of the Christmas story each day in December. Now we will have a little treat to go along with it!

1 comment:

Janna said...

you look beautiful! happy belated birthday! also you are so crafty! love you guys, praying for you!