Saturday, October 25, 2008

Waiting for Baby,..

Well, this week we had some excitement. I'm going to give you the short version here...ask me if you want to hear the whole thing. Basically, I went into the doctor on Wednesday because of some bleeding I was having that made me nervous. They sent me to the hospital for observation. After being sent home, then going back to the hospital, they eventually gave me a room and told us to get ready because baby was on the way. I had changed from 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced, to 3 cm dilated, 100% effaced in about 4 hours. We spent the night at the hospital, expecting labor to continue...but by morning nothing had changed and they sent us back home.

It was a huge emotional rollercoaster. We went from being freaked out at the possibility that the baby could actually be coming to being really excited that the baby was actually coming. Then we were disappointed, because the baby was not coming. And now we are just sitting here for days or weeks, waiting to see when she will come. I was not anxious about waiting earlier this week, because my due date was still 3 weeks away. After spending the night in the hospital and thinking it was time, the waiting is becoming unbearable now! We were so close, now it feels like we've taken a huge step backwards.

So I'm going to make a list of things to do while I wait. Feel free to share any more ideas you may have for me to fill the remaining hours, days or weeks until Baby Shelton gets here!

1. Go for walks...as long as the weather is decent, supposedly going on walks helps to speed up labor.

2. Read books...I have 2 library books due next week that I would like to finish before baby is born

3. Work on baby announcements...I'm making my own, they are about half done, so I have lots of work to do on these

4. Make Christmas cards...I'm planning to make at least 80, so getting a head start (or finished) before baby is born will probably be a good idea

5. Organize the nursery...we have all the stuff in the nursery but a lot of it is still "homeless" and needs to be put away

6. Play Tetris...I downloaded Tetris Party for the Wii last week, it is a great way to pass the time because I could play for hours and not realize how much time has passed. If I get sick of Tetris, I can download Super Mario Bros 3 (the old Nintendo version) and work on getting through all the levels.

7. Get ready for November stamp clubs...I do have some work I can do for Stampin' Up! to be better prepared for next month

8. Clean out my drawers/closets...I have tons of clothes that I haven't worn in years. It's definitely time to get rid of some stuff.

That's a decent list for now. If I really did all of that stuff, it would probably take at least a week. So I'm off to get started on something...

1 comment:

Julie Davison said...

Oh my! What a roller coaster! Certainly it won't be long if you're 3cm and 100% effaced already. In fact, it's been a week since your post...maybe, hopefully baby girl came already!? I'll be anxious to hear. Keep me posted! And if you're still waiting...hang in there! It won't be long!