Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This Morning

Our poor video camera has been collecting dust lately, so I pulled it out this morning to capture a few moments with Audrey.

Audrey loves to open and close doors. She especially loves to slam the doors closed as hard as she possibly can. She's been doing this since before she could walk and has yet to slam her fingers in the door...but I am sure that day will someday come. Our newest game goes like this: Audrey tells me bye-bye and slams the door. I open the door and say hello. Audrey laughs and giggles, then says bye-bye and starts the game again. Of course, since I had the video camera out, Audrey wasn't all that interested in playing the game very well today. But there is still plenty of door slamming in the video below.

(As you watch the video below, you may notice that this is a dangerous game for Maggie, who likes to try to run through the door at the same time that Audrey is closing it. Don't worry...even though it looks like Maggie gets hit by the door in this video, the loud sound that you hear is my hand hitting the door to stop it. It is not Maggie's head. No dogs were injured in the making of this video!)

Audrey often goes up to the piano bench and says "B-i-b-i-b-i", which meands "B-i-b-l-e", which means she wants to play the piano. (We play and sing the B-I-B-L-E song together a lot).

Remember these videos from last July? Audrey has come a long way in her piano playing skills in the past 9 months. Back then, she used the palms of her hands to bang loudly on the keys. Now, she often uses her fingers to play one key at a time (and she figured that out by herself, I didn't even teach her!). Back then, Audrey had to sit on Mommy's lap to play the piano. Now, she can sit on the bench all by herself. Back then, Maggie howled annoyingly in the background. Now, oh wait...Maggie hasn't changed a bit!

I am very impressed that Audrey can recognize the tune to Elmo's Song after hearing only a few notes. (We must let her watch her Elmo's World DVD too much!)

I have more videos, but that's probably enough for one post. I'll save the rest for another day!

1 comment:

Julie Davison said...

She's getting so big!! I'm amazed at how much Elise has changed in the last few months too! They are little girls now!