Saturday, March 7, 2009

Swagbucks Update

2 weeks ago I wrote a post about this website that I signed up for to earn points for searching the internet. Now that I've been using it for 2 weeks, I thought I would update and let you know what I think about it.

I love it!! I already have 107 Swagbucks. You can exchange the Swagbucks for free stuff or gift cards. I think the best value is to get an Amazon gift card. It is 45 Swagbucks for a $5 gift card. So in 2 weeks, I have already earned more than enough points to get a $10 Amazon gift card. And I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. If you want to try it for yourself, click the link (that says Be the Next Winner or something like that, Facebook readers you will have to click View Original Post at the bottom first, then click the link on my blog) to the right to sign up and try it. I really think it is the coolest thing. Here's what I've learned in my 2 weeks of trying this:

1. Doing a ton of searches in one day does not increase your chances of winning Swagbucks. They are awarded at random so you never know when you will get them. Your best bet is to just keep using Swagbucks as your search engine as you normally would with any other search engine.

2. My only complaint with the search engine is that several paid advertisers show up in your search results. However, I think it is pretty easy to distinguish between these sites and the legitimate search results, so this doesn't bother me too much.

3. The best way to get more Swagbucks is to tell your friends about it (which is what I'm doing right now!) You earn Swagbucks every time they earn Swagbucks. So thanks to all of you who have already signed up through me, I earned 47 Swagbucks this week while I was on vacation in Florida and totally away from my computer. I did nothing and earned a $5 Amazon gift card. It's the greatest thing. SO keep signing up with the link to the right. Then once you have signed up, pass the news on to your friends and you can get even more free stuff!

Alright, I just had to share that because I'm so excited about how easy it has been! I'll be posting pictures soon from our trip to Florida!

1 comment:

sethmo said...

I have 6 swag bucks lol. w00t!